Friday, March 3, 2006

Fabulous February Part 1


February was such a wealth of fun for me! My sister Barbara and our friend Lisa (who now lives in Cincinnati but has known us since birth) came for a girls’ weekend. Baby Grace came along, and we had such fun and laughs together. We also made my first trip of the month to the Cheesecake Factory. Hmmmm…somehow I never tire of it!

The next weekend, I had my 2nd girls only hangout of the month as my Mom (came in from Michigan), my sister (from Kokomo), my sister-in-law Tara and my oldest niece Janet (from Peru) came down to Indianapolis. We stayed in a suite on the North side of town and spent the next day shopping, eating and laughing together. We got together at Janet’s request to help celebrate her 16th birthday. Hard to believe that my little Janet Renee is now 16 and ready to drive! YIKES!! Will life ever be the same?

The quotes of the weekend came from Janet and my Mom.

[Janet] “What kind of ice is it?” She asked of her aunts who had offered her some ice when we got back to our hotel room. I mean, what do you say to a question like that? Isn't ice ICE??

[Mom] “So, we’re trying to trick Janet, right?” Ommmm…I honestly can’t remember what this was in regards to or why it had us in stitches, but it did. AHEM!

Janet has blossomed into a lovely young woman full of potential, able to laugh at herself and with this brilliant personality. She’s truly a treasure! Her sense of humor is incredible, and she is just as warped as her aunt! She and her crazy aunts (that’s Barbara and yours truly) came up with some crazy drink names for our club that we talked about opening, The Dirty Durango. It’s a long story, but we started compiling car names along with adjectives as part of our future drink selections at this new venue. Here are the highlights: the Messy Maserati, Neon Fire, Minty Mitsubishi, Murky Mercedes, Posh Porsche, Daewoo Desire, Taurus Twist, Fiery Ferrari, Tasty Talon, Jeep Gigolo, Astro Blast, Civic Couture, Malibu Mixer, Viscious Volvo, Electric Element, Luscious Lumina, Malicious Mustang and the Naughty Nissan. OK, so that’s more than the highlights…I guess that is the complete list, but it was a rather hilarious giggle fest in the back seat of Tara’s SUV.

No comments: