Thursday, July 26, 2007

Tennis, anyone?

When Jordan was at my place visiting, my friend Becky got to spend some time with us, too. One day the 3 of us were in the car, and we got to talking about tennis, and Becky and I discovered that we had something else in common: a love of tennis. Or you could say it is just another area in which Becky tries to copy me! There was the move to the West side of town, the Honda Civic, etc...

Anyway, we talked about how we should play some time, and I mentioned how I needed to buy a tennis raquet. Then we somehow started talking about tennis balls, and both of us exclaimed almost simultaneously that we loved the smell of a fresh can of tennis balls! OK, so maybe that does sound weird now that I see it typed up in black and white... But there is something unique and strangely pleasant about popping off the lid, pulling back the tab and inhaling that fresh scent. Ahhhhhh!!! You should try it some time.

Jordan just thought we were both insane. I don't know...he might have a point there.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Ahhh, tennis! It brings back great memories of our "after-church" tennis matches. "Is Mike coming down the street? Is that Marty?" Yeah, it was all about the tennis!! :-)

Melanie said...

Great times!!

Anonymous said...

I was going to comment about how COMPLETELY PSYCHO it is to love the smell of fresh tennis balls, but I know you have WAY too many weird facts on me, so I'll keep my mouth shut.
And for the record, a love of tennis doesn't have to equal talent, right? I love watching tennis and used to love attempting to play...key word, attempt. Remember that awful tennis court on the top of the hill in Lexington, you guys? Who's idea was it to put it on a hill? And how many balls did we lose? :)

Melanie said...

I remember playing on the hill court with Wayne and Curt a couple of times. It was crazy...