Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Surviving 35

One of my attorneys told me that the average life span is 72 years, and so in his estimation that puts me right about middle age now with yesterday being my 35th birthday. GASP! I know. That was just mean. I made him take it back, and he recanted quickly, but I’m not sure I have completely forgiven him. That was just a low blow, and I'm still reeling from the destructive impact.

Barb and Heidi, two of my office co-horts brought me a large birthday box with a special handmade necklace inside. This is not just any ordinary necklace, mind you. This is 35 dum-dum suckers twined together with a gold ribbon and a sign saying “35 Sucks.” This totally made me laugh. I displayed my special jewelry box case at my desk with pride and then took it home for safe keeping. I’m gonna have to take pictures before any one nibbles on the suckers. I love it.

My Mom, Dad and sister bought me some Epiphany jewelry from QVC. Yes, I’m a delicate little flower that can only wear platinum jewelry (or candy jewelry, now that I think about it--hee hee!) these days. The new shiny platinum hoops are lovely, and so far my ear lobes are not swollen or turning green. WOOHOO!! It's all good.

Dena and Jennifer, two of my Patent colleagues, took me to Ted's Montana Grill for lunch, where I inhaled the chicken fried chicken at my celebratory meal. Those 12 Weight Watcher points were worth it, believe me. I needed the comfort food.

I had several birthday calls, which made me smile. And my Facebook friends and family are really just the best. I was almost a bit overwhelmed at the well-wishes I received. WOW! Thanks everybody! I truly felt loved on my birthday.

Thank you, LORD, for bringing me along through another year of my life. All glory, honor and praise to YOU.

No comments: