Monday, September 20, 2010

Have I Mentioned…

I love having my Fridays OFF. Love it. Love it. Love it. Seriously, I highly enjoy having my Fridays to play with. My Monday through Thursday schedule is often jam-packed, and so my Fridays are a sublime retreat from the frenetic pace of life.

Catch-up on sleep: Sometimes, I confess, I sleep the better part of the morning away. I often struggle going to bed by 10 PM during the week despite knowing that I have a 4:50 AM wake-up coming the next morning. I know, that’s crazy, but it’s a fact. So on Fridays, I often need to get caught up on my rest.

Roadtrips: I have taken a couple of roadtrips to Ohio to see the sites and have also spent some extra time with my sister and her family up in Kokomo. Plus, I’ve enjoyed having the time for my drive to LDM SonRise Retreats or for long weekends in Michigan.

Gardens and Parks: I’ve gotten better acquainted with several city parks. There is something so soothing about a stroll through nature. It’s been a bit too hot at times this summer, but I’ve still enjoyed my walks and jogs. In addition, I’ve spent countless hours rambling through the gardens at the IMA and exploring the new 100 Acres Nature Park there as well.

Catching up with friends: I’ve enjoyed having lunch or getting together with friends that I don’t often get to see. It’s been a lot of fun!

Downtown Indianapolis: I have missed downtown Indy more than I realized. This summer, I’ve been making regular treks downtown to explore the canal, the buildings, the museums, and the monuments again. This past Friday, I took advantage of the pleasant temps and visited the State Capitol Building, the Indiana State Library and the Scottish Rite Cathedral. It was a pretty awesome day, and I was in my element, snapping photos like crazy.

Yeah, I’m loving my Fridays a lot.

No comments: