Tuesday, September 14, 2010

What a Great Sunday Looks Like

Two momentous things happened on Sunday.

1. In the morning, I sang in the St. Luke’s United Methodist Church Chancel Choir for 2 services without tripping on the stage or bursting into song out of turn. For weeks, I had envisioned myself tripping on the stage as we walked up or down the stairs there, but I had a successful “premiere,” as it were, and am pleased that there was no reportable incident to relate. And while I can read music just fine, I was also worried that I would over-zealously sing out before it was time for the second soprano’s cue, and so I was relieved that didn’t happen either. YES. It was a success. I am really enjoying my choir adventures. At first it was a bit overwhelming that our choir is 160+ people strong. That is bigger than the church I grew up in, in total, but I am loving the family atmosphere, generous spirit and encouragement that I have encountered in every rehearsal and this our first Sunday together. I’m curious what GOD has in store next.

2. Becky and I proved once and for all that we were correct in not pursuing our tween year fantasies of taking Wimbledon by storm. Boris Becker has no idea how he fueled our dreams once upon a time. (sigh!) Anyway, we spent an exhausting hour on the courts Sunday evening, and while Becky was rather brilliant in comparison to yours truly, neither of us are bound for tennis stardom. We had one decent volley of 8 or 9 shots, I think. After which, Becky asked if we should start keeping score, and I declared a hearty, “No way, unless you want to keep track of all the balls we are hitting outside of the gated court.” Naturally, I would have won that competition since I am known for my lack of control when hitting the ball, and I was up about 9 to 1 at that time. HA! So we’re not going pro any time soon, but we still got a good workout, and most importantly, we had fun out there.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Week 2 was just as awesome! GOD is good!