Monday, July 21, 2008

I'm Back...

I am back in the office today after my week with my brother Steve and his family in North Carolina. We drove down in a SUV and a Uhaul truck to take my oldest niece Janet to her new college hometown. She starts at NTI [Nascar Technical Institute] at the end of August, and so she wanted to go down early, get into her new apartment and find a job before school starts. I'm so proud of her. I don't know that I could have lived on my own at 18. A college dorm room with 3 other girls was rough enough...thank you very much. But Janet is brave and she'll handle it fine once she gets adjusted.

She is still looking for a job, and once she gets working and gets more familiar with the area, she will really enjoy NC. I know I do. I love the Carolinas...I'm more partial to Asheville myself, but Mooresville is pretty nice, too. Hey, Janet, I'll have to come for a visit and take you to the Biltmore Estate. You'd love it there, I think. And hey, you'll have to pick out your own guest room for when I live there...HA!

It was a pretty good week of a mix between work and fun as we cleaned and got her apartment all in order and did some running around in the area. She has a cute place, a nice pool and an awesome leasing agent and maintenance man.

We toured the Hendricks' Motorsports Museum (Jeff Gordon, Dale Earnhardt Jr., etc.). It was interesting (that was my word of the week). I'm just not a racing fan yet, but I am growing to appreciate it for the skill and endurance the sport takes. I might not think the Lowe's Speedway in Charlotte is "pretty" because to me it is NOT art, but I did think it was well-taken care of and situated nicely.

There are lots of Nascar teams that are located in Mooresville and the surrounding area, and so Janet just might run into her favorite Kasey Kahne out there at a Starbucks or Target, etc. You never know. Or you might run into Kahle or is it Kelp?? [That's an inside joke!] Now me, I could run right into a whole group of drivers, and I wouldn't know it, but that's just me. I don't know the sport or the drivers, etc. I'm oblivious to this stuff, but I'm excited for other people.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

actually...I haven't ran into anyone yet...I am sure I will but...it is off week and then this weekend they are INDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!