Wednesday, July 23, 2008

What Did We Do Before Facebook?

I can't remember. I love catching up with people and reconnecting with old friends and family members. I'm out on myspace, too, but I just don't like it as well. I like the way that facebook lets you glance at a person's life and interact as much as you want. I can comment on what they are up to or just observe, but at least I'm out there again...talking to people, making connections, finding out more about other peoples' lives and struggles rather than focusing only on my self.

"No man is an island, entire of itself..." John Donne wrote. By disconnecting from the community, I am affecting the whole. Not that I am so important, but each one of us is significant. Each of us has a role to play, an act to fulfill.

OK, this has gotten far too analytical and serious, and I'm not thinking straight due to the migraine meds. Suffice it to say, I'm blessed to have the connections, the acquaintances, the people in my life that I do. Thank you.

No comments: