Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Journey into Your Arms

Have I mentioned that I have a thing for words? OK, so I might have discussed it a time or two already, but just so we are clear, I love words. Adore them. I keep a little book filled with movie or book lines I enjoy reliving. I keep post-its with me at all times just to jot down a line or two or write down a word I want to look up later. I am seriously involved in a tangled affair with language. It’s an often twisted and abused connection, but it is savored all the same.

Over the past year, Netflix has introduced me to many films that I have never heard of before. Some of them have been pathetically horrible, while others have been pleasantly surprising and whimsically delightful. Most films live somewhere in the middle though.

I recently watched Happy Accidents, which had an interesting premise but was never an Oscar or award contender. Despite it’s faults and predictable story line, it did have an incredible line that made me pause the streaming video and run for my notebook...
"I feel like my whole life has been a journey into your arms."
Isn’t that quote amazing? I love it. You might find it a bit sentimental and sappy, but I like it, and so it quickly became my Twitter and Facebook status. I joked about how I’d love to be able to say it to someone special some day. I know, I’m a relentless romantic, a diehard seeker of connection, a passionate dreamer wishing for a love of my own. (Sigh!)

But upon reflection, I started thinking about the significance of those words, and how accurately this simple movie line captured the essence of a relationship I am in right now – the most important one of my life really. Truth is that I can already say this magical line to HE who knows me best and loves me most. THE GOD of the universe chose me for HIS own even before I knew HIM, and my journey here on planet earth is arranged and orchestrated by HIM with one final goal in mind – to draw me into HIS arms. My life really is all about getting there.

No comments: