Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Enjoying the Calm While I Can

My department had a pitch-in lunch today. So we had a nice long lunch break with good food and excellent conversation, but then afterwards, it was back to business as usual. It was a bit hard to get motivated again, but we all slugged through. It was extra hard for Diet Girl since the party tables got moved down by my desk for a change, and all the leftovers were left staring at me, beckoning me over. I was pretty good though. [sigh!]

Actually, my life at the office is back to normal again. Lots to do and more projects coming in every day, but my personal and work life are starting to get back into their proper priority placement. No more overtime. WOOHOO!! Over the last couple of weeks, I’ve been able to meet up with friends for dinner, catch up over coffee (No, I didn't drink it), get out on walks again, etc. It’s been pretty nice. I’ve also started planning a couple of trips with friends and family members, too. I like this pace, but I know it won’t last for long...have to enjoy each moment of calm while I can.

Thank you, LORD, for a bit of quiet. I confess it makes me nervous though...

No comments: