Thursday, July 16, 2009

Once Upon A Time…

When I got back from England, I was told by some coworkers that I needed to schedule a lunch to share my England photos. Here at the office, we call these events “Lunch ‘N Learns” where everyone brings their own lunch, and someone (me in this instance) provides the “entertainment” or “learning” session. AHEM! So I whittled down the number of photos to 399 (less than 10% of the 4,037 photos that I took) and scheduled 2 separate lunch events to fit everyone in.

Now me, I love photos. I’m crazy about them. Heck, I even like photos of perfect strangers. A few years back, I worked with a photographer for a few months in her studio, and I really enjoyed working with and editing photos of people I didn’t know. I like studying pictures and capturing new ideas for my own photos. But I know quite well that not everyone is like me. It’s a shame but a reality all the same. HA! Not everyone is a photo buff or likes seeing photos of people they know let alone someone they are not acquainted with. Especially vacation photos--everyone knows the stigma with that. So I purposefully did not invite everyone in the department to these lunches. I just sent out select invitations to a couple of people that that had asked to see my photos. Well, my little intimate gatherings snowballed.

Today I had the first sharing session, and my 4 co-workers were so kind and generous with their time. They patiently sat through my nearly 1-hour slideshow, asking me questions at the right moments and showing great interest. Next Tuesday, I’m scheduled for the 2nd viewing, and it looks like there will be 9 of us. WOW! I’m still a bit shocked by that. Honestly, I didn’t know that so many people would want to see my trip photos. I’m guessing that some of them are just being kind, but I’m still touched. I did have a splendid time in England, and I do love sharing the stories, memories and photos of my adventure.

Hmmmm...I'm ready to go back again.
Becky? Jessica? When are you free?

No comments: