Thursday, December 18, 2008

Diet Girl Is Still a Kid

Diet Girl did something this week that she hasn't done in a very long time ago. I ordered off the kid's menu, and it felt good. And no, I wasn't at McDonald's eating a happy meal. I was at Ted's Montana Grill for lunch with my co-worker Dena, and I opted to order from the kid's menu. No chicken tenders or macaroni and cheese for me, although that was tempting. I ordered the kid's pot roast with mashed potatoes and green beans, and it was pretty healthy actually.

Here's the scoop. I've been noticing that when I eat out, I'm over-eating. Not intentionally and definitely not planned that way, but it still happens. Maybe part of it is that they always seem to bring out too much food, and I've still got that "gotta clean my plate" thing going on in my head. But I don't need all that food. It's too much of a good thing.

The kid's pot roast meal the other day was just a smaller portion of the adult plate, and to quote Goldilocks here, "it was just right." It was perfect. I felt good after eating my meal, and I knew I hadn't overdone it.

It's funny how things have changed over the last 8 months. Gone is the girl that thought she could eat whatever she wanted without a care in the world. My stomach is smaller, and I just can't put away the food like I used to be able to. So much has changed. I've lost 67 pounds since April 1st, and I'm just not the same person I was. Well, yes, I'm still Mel, and my personality is quite the same (whether you think that is a good or bad thing I leave up to you). I'm still rather wacky from time to time, a bit OCD, warped and sarcastic. But health-wise I'm moving in a different direction, and it is definitely all for the best.

1 comment:

Skipper Lou said...

Random: I found myself craving pot roast after reading this blog : ) hahahah