Monday, December 22, 2008

Traveling Through a Snow Globe

I love snow globes. I do. In the last couple of years, I have started my own collection of those whimsical trinkets that make me smile. But while I love looking at snow globes and shaking them up, I don't like driving in snow globe conditions at all. I know, I'm from Michigan, and everyone is always reminding me of that fact and telling me that I should love everything about the snow. Apparently, if you look up a "Michigander" in the dictionary, you are defined as a person who loves to drive in the snow, on ice, through sleet, etc. HA! Don't you believe it! It's just not true. I do love snow, but only if I can stay off the roads during the snowstorm.

I chatted with my parents a couple of times today, and it sounds like I have a little window of time tomorrow to make my way to Michigan before they get dumped on again with more snow, and so I'm heading up to MI a day early. My Mom said they have at least a foot on the ground already and are expecting a few more inches tomorrow and more to come later this week. WOW! Maybe I should take my snow skis! WAIT! I don't have any, and I've never skied in my life. That's another Michigan tale for you...if you are from Michigan, you should know how to ski, ice skate, play hockey, etc. Ommmm...is one and a half out of 3 all right? I can stand upright on ice skates, and glide around a little. That's about it though. I hardly resemble Katarina Witt's graceful figure on the ice. Hee hee! And while I don't play hockey, I do understand it, and so I'm giving myself 1/2 a point there.

Anyway, because of the big storm coming, I'm off to Michigan in the morning, and I will be off line for about a week. I have yet to get my parents online. Although, they did just get cable for the first time, and so who knows what is on the horizon for them next. I think, it will be good for me to be off line. [GULP!] Yes, I will probably miss blogging, googling to my heart's content, looking up new words, chatting online and catching up with friends regularly, but it's all good. A little break from technology will not kill me, and I'm really looking forward to a great visit with my parents and Grandma in person. I'm excited!

Merry Christmas, All, and to All a Good Night!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Have a safe trip!! Trisha drove up yesterday to avoid any further snow storms. I'm jealous though because you guys will have a white Christmas. I think it's supposed to be in the 40s here in Cincinnati. Anyway, enjoy your trip!!

Skipper Lou said...

Be careful! I will be praying for a safe and relaxing trip : )