Wednesday, December 31, 2008

How to Survive If You Have No One to Kiss on New Year's Eve

One of the attorneys I work with has been sharing his daily "How To Survive" calendar pages with me, and I've shared a couple of them with you along the way this past year. This is the final entry for 2008, and I thought you would enjoy it...
How to Survive If You Have No One to Kiss on New Year's Eve

1. Kiss a pet. Dogs are generally agreeable and have clean mouths. Cats are usually well groomed but are more passive and tend to get rather than give. Keep your mouth closed. Hmmmmm...not sure what to say on this one, but I think for now I'd prefer to forgo the above mentioned kiss entirely. Ask me again if I'm still single at 40.

2. Kiss yourself. Find a mirror, pucker up, lean close and kiss. Keep your lips slightly parted. Do not attempt to use your tongue. Wipe the mirror after you have completed your kiss. You may also try kissing the back of your hand. Hee hee! A little bit of excess self-love, eh?

3. Hug a pillow. Full-body pillows are more satisfying. I love hugging my pillow. Good stuff!

4. Call a friend on the phone. After you wish your a friend a Happy New Year, give the telephone mouthpiece loud, smacking kisses.
Hmmmm...I think I'm just gonna go bed early and skip this ritual altogether. Hee hee!

Happy New Year, my friends! Chat with ya again in 2009.

No comments: