Tuesday, December 2, 2008

We Gather Together...

I had a fabulous Thanksgiving. I spent the day with my sister and her family at her in-laws, who also had some friends over. The food was delicious, the conversation interesting, the entertainment (my Sister’s kids) whimsical, and the games new and challenging.

Yes, Diet Girl did have some pumpkin pie, lots of turkey and all the fixings, and so I was quite happy. Maybe a bit too happy...once you start down the road of extra calories, it is hard to get back on the straight and narrow again. GULP! But when I weighed in this morning, I had maintained last week’s weight. I’m content with that, believe me. I’m quite pleased that I didn't gain.

On Friday, I started off the day with Tae-Bo. My nephew Jacob (6) and my niece Grace (3) joined me for part of my workout. Jacob thought of it as a karate and did his kicks and added in some chops with the sound effects. Made me laugh! It was not my typical workout session. HA!

Later on Friday morning, I headed out shopping with my brother-in-law Jonathan. He and I both like Best Buy, and so we had fun checking out the sales there before heading to Sam’s Club. I came home empty-handed on that first trip. I didn’t find anything I couldn’t live without. After lunch, my sister and I headed out to visit a couple of stores on Black Friday as well. We went to one Kokomo consignment shop, and both found pants and tops. Ah sweet successs! Then we headed to JCPenneys for their sales. I lucked out and left with 7 new tops and sweaters for around $45. Then back at my sister's house, we decorated their Christmas tree. Grace and Jacob kept me in stitches with their Christmas-ornament-placement techniques. Grace was color-coordinating the balls. Reds all together, blues over here, greens down below, etc. Yeah, it was a really good day!

On Saturday, we made gingerbread cookie men, played a game, watched a movie and just hung out before I headed back to Indy. I love spending time with those little ones. There is never a dull moment at my sister’s house, that is for sure. I really enjoy hanging out with my sister and her husband, too. I wish they lived closer. I know I’m a bit of a recluse, and I sure do like my space, but sometimes my life is just a little bit too quiet.

Sunday I slept in (shame on me), but at least I missed the new members introduction at College Park. I confess that I really did not want to be up on that stage. I’m a behind-the- scenes-girl, and I don’t like being in front of people at all. Just not my thing. Anyway, when I did finally wake up, I got to witness Indianapolis’ first snowfall this season. It sure was pretty, but I’m ready for spring now. HA!

1 comment:

Barbara said...

You forgot to mention how Thorn the dog tried to attack you several times while you did your Tae Bo!! lol