Monday, December 8, 2008

The Lion King

Yesterday, I got to see the Broadway production of The Lion King at the Murat with my co-worker Barb and her husband Lee. What a wonderful afternoon! The performance was wonderful, magical, amazing. The voices were delightful. The costumes were incredible. The choreography was breathtaking. I can't describe it adequately, and so I'm not even going to try.

The performance brought back a flood of memories for me--memories of my oldest nephew, Jordan. He is 14 and stands in at 6 feet tall now. I got to see him (or rather look up to him) on Saturday at a friend's wedding. But when he was quite young, I lived with his family, and so Auntie M spent a lot of time with Jordan (or Squdge as I called him then) and his older sister Janet (now 18). The Lion King was one of Jordan's favorite movies. We'd watch it again and again. We even named our family cats after the characters in the film. We had both a Simba and a Pumba for a while, I believe. Well, that was 12+ years ago, but it seems just like yesterday. [sigh!]

OK, this is a sentimental start to the week, isn't it? HA!

My advice: if you get a chance to see it, don't let it pass you by.

3 comments:

Barbara said...

So glad you were able to go, and glad you enjoyed it! I am jealous! :) And yes, we had Simba and Pumba...both were psychotic cats. I can't remember which one sucked on my shirt....maybe Pumba? Good memories...:)

Melanie said...

Wasn't there a Yoda as well? Was he the one I rescued from under that porch, and then he bit and scratched me for saving his life?

Barbara said...

Oh my word, I forgot Yoda! That was back when I actually liked cats, so I've probably subconsciously stricken such memories from my mind. ha!