Friday, November 7, 2008

Catching Up On Tunes

I borrowed some of my sister’s CD collection about a month ago. I guess I wanted to change up what I had been listening to. I wanted some music with a little less edge and somehow Nickelback’s Superstar wasn’t doing that for me. AHEM!

So now, I’m discovering singers that I have never heard of like Chris Rice. He’s got several Christian albums out there, and my sister had one, Past the Edges from 1998. I know, I'm way behind on Christian music.

The first track on the album just grabbed me, Smellin’ Coffee. I like it despite the obvious coffee references. You all know how this Midwest girl feels about coffee. YUCK! But wait, actually, I do like the smell of coffee...HA! It’s just the taste I can’t handle. It's just not the same as Diet Mountain Dew.

Anyway, this song is really good...

Last thing I remember, sayin’ bye to yesterday
Glad to see it over, pullin’
covers over my head
But what were You doin’
While I dreamt the night away
Cause I can tell that somethings different
And my eyes ain’t even open yet

I’m smellin coffee
Birds are singin’ just outside
Here comes Your mercy streamin’ in with the morning light
My heart is racing waking up to Your smile
It’s a good morning, yeah
It’s a good morning

Well I remember readin’
You’re the God who never sleeps
And while I’ve been dreamin’
You’ve been singing over me, yeah
Singin’ about my freedom
Wakin’ me up to hear Your song
And now I can’t dance hard enough
Cause yesterday is gone, gone, gone!

Every little breath, every heartbeat
Is a gift of love that You give to me
You keep givin when I’m asleep
Cause I know You never stop watchin’ over me
I wake up, my past is gone
Cause Your mercys new with the morning sun
I’m forgiven, I’m free, it’s a brand new day
Cause Your faithfulness is the greatest!

No comments: