Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The Holidays Have Arrived at My Place

It's official. I have decked the halls at my place. WOOHOO!! Yep, last Saturday, I rearranged my plants so that the tree could be more prominently displayed in the patio window and got my holiday spirit on as I unpacked the boxes and bins and listened to old Amy Grant Christmas CDs. Yes, I only become an Amy Grant fan at Christmas. It's tradition!

I love putting up the tree and getting out all of the Christmas decorations. My OCD tendencies emerge in full force, and I laugh at myself...Mel, this is why you aren't married. You would drive a man nuts! It takes me a couple of hours to fluff the branches and get the ornaments on the tree in perfect fashion. Martha Stewart would be proud. Well, maybe not, but my Mom (also a Martha) would be ecstatic and thrilled! Thankfully I no longer have to deal with the lights. Those drove me batty! I love the fake trees that have the lights already on the branches. [sigh!] Wonderful invention THAT!

I would like to find a proper nativity this year to put up on a side table in my apartment, but I haven't found the right one yet. I had to toss mine out a couple of years back due to the infamous mold encounter. [sniffle, sniffle]

Such fun to decorate for the holidays! I love it! This is HIS season. Amidst the twinkling lights, the Santas, the Rudolphs and Frosty the Snowmans, let us not lose sight of the birth of the KING.

No comments: