Thursday, May 29, 2008

I Miss Film

You know those small black cylinder rolls you used in your camera a few years back. Well, I miss those. I especially miss the anxious waiting around for the film to come back.
Will that shot turn out?
Will there be red-eyes in the photo?
Did I have something in my teeth?
Did the flash go off?
Did I capture the baby’s smile?
Gone are those worries these days. Today, you just point, shoot, click and instantly preview it to see if you need to take another. You can even zoom in on your shot and determine if someone blinked (that would be Becky). Yes, I like that. It’s nice and easy and saves the hassle and wondering if it was a good shot or not.

However, I still miss film. Back in the day (3+ years ago), I would get all excited about getting a roll of film developed. I’d flip open the packages in the store and quickly scan through them. I’d laugh at a wacky shot or grimace at another bad shot. I kind of miss that eager anticipation, that 24 hour delay or 1-hour photo period where I had to wait and see. It was something to look forward to.

Strangely enough, I also miss the smell of a fresh roll of film. Is that weird?

Come on, if you are a camera person, you know what I mean...that was some good stuff.

1 comment:

Just me said...

Ummm... yeah... it's kinda weird. lol :)