Monday, May 12, 2008

UPDATE on eharmony

I got back from my walk with Becky tonight and decided on a whim to just check my gmail account and see what was going on with eharmony. I had 13 matches, and I got a message saying that I was at my match limit. HA! Now that makes me laugh for some reason -- don't know why really, but it does. I had all these emails cluttering up my pristine inbox. So sad!

Delete. Delete. Delete.

Well, it's official, I just closed my eharmony account. They really try to talk you into staying on by reminding you that statistically 1 in 4 marriages are unhappy ones, but that with their compatibility profiles, you have a better chance. Hmmmmm...not sure what to say about that, but I'm off now. I lasted a total of 30 hours. WOOHOO!! And I wouldn't say that it was a bad experience really. I just think I knew rather quickly that it wasn't something I was comfortable with. I don't know that I gave it a fair chance or really feel the need to critique it either. I just think that sometimes you have to follow your gut instinct or your Mom's advice, and when those two things agree, you know what you need to do.

For all of you singles out there who are loving connecting up with fellow singletons on eharmony, more power to you. Call me old-fashioned, call me chicken...it's just personally not for me.

No comments: