Sunday, May 4, 2008

Such Beauty

Today after my volunteer shift, I went for a walk on the IMA grounds, camera in tow. It was a lovely afternoon, and the temperature was perfect for a leisurely stroll through the gardens.

Most people know that I tend to gravitate towards people with cameras. If I see a couple or a husband and wife taking turns taking photos of each other or shots with the kids, I'll go over to them and ask if I can take a shot of all of them together. Well, being the lovely day that it was, I had lots of opportunity to jump in and take photos for people. It makes me happy for some reason.

As I started to cross the bridge, I delayed crossing it completely to stay out of the pictures that this guy was taking of this woman he was with. Finally, they stopped and were setting up another pose, and so I crossed over. He said, "Hello. How ya doing?" I said that I was fine, and then I asked if they wanted me to take a photo of them together.

He laughed and said, "Well, that would be a bit awkward. See, I'm taking her senior photos here."

"Oh. Got it." I said a bit embarrassed as I walked away.

"But thanks for offering," he said.

I got around the corner and into the garden, and I just burst out laughing. OOPS!! I am such a goober sometimes.

I walked through the rest of the gardens and enjoying snapping shots. The gardens were full of color today...pinks, oranges, yellows, reds, and purples dominated the scene. Truly glorious handiwork of our CREATOR! I think HE delights in the delicate beauty of HIS marvelous workmanship--a beauty that never ceases to be less miraculous to me each and every season! Thank you, LORD!

Then later this evening, Becky called and asked if I would like to go for a walk, and so we went back to the IMA, walked through the gardens and a couple of miles out on the trails along the canal there. It felt so good to just get out and walk. Got to do more of that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so picturing that happening...w/ the guy taking sr. pics! ha! But how could you know?! :) I'm jealous...I love the tulips at the IMA. We should've gone there last weekend. Oh well. Post more pics, so I can live thru you vicariously, please. :)