Monday, September 29, 2008

Good Morning!

We are thankful for that which we’ve been given.
Or is it We are thankful for the time we’ve been given...?
I’m not sure, but either way, I love that line in M. Night Shyamalan’s The Village.

1. I’m thankful for the love of a Heavenly FATHER. I’m still struggling under the weight of some big burdens right now, but in the midst of it all, I still can feel HIS love wrapped around me. Sometimes, I’d like to be held a little tighter to keep the struggles at a distance, but HE is right there in the midst of them with me, reminding me that I am never alone.

2. I’m thankful for some awesome girlfriends that have been such a loving encouragement to me lately...

2a. On Friday night, Becky got me out for a walk and talk when I really just wanted to crawl into bed and hide under the covers for the whole weekend. Then on Saturday, she and I headed to Conner Prairie to use up my get-in-free tickets. WOOHOO!! That was spontaneous and fun. I’ll have to post the photos later.

I’m sorry to report that I have a new nickname from Becky. She now calls me “Little Miss Muffet.” Yes, there was a spider incident on Saturday. This villainous, massive spider jumped down right in front of me at our picnic table. I screamed, and he/she jumped down to the ground at my feet, and I moved quicker than I thought possible. YOU KNOW WHO was laughing the entire time. I confess that I, however, was not as easily amused.

2b. Sunday after church, I spent the day with my friend Kristen. We had a delicious lunch out and then headed back to my place to talk more and just hang out. We caught up on all that GOD was doing in each other’s lives and discussed prayer requests. It was a refreshing afternoon. Later, we watched a couple of movies while Kristen crocheted, and I dismantled another non-PVC-free magnetic photo album. I was reminded again just how much I love Dan in Real Life. There is just something awesome about that movie that touches me and makes me smile every time.

3. I’m thankful for my sister. She might be 2 years younger than me, but she is always a good source of Godly wisdom for her big sister, too. Thanks, Sis, for your time, your prayers and your love!

4. I’m thankful for my wonderful parents, and for their example as prayer warriors. I love how both of them always remind me that they are praying for me. I needed to hear that this weekend.

5. I’m thankful for my job. Yes, I’m past whelmed right now. I’m completely overwhelmed, but somehow, I know that I will survive, and the projects will get done. I am reminding myself that I need to be thankful for the overtime funds. My England trip is only seven-and-a-half months away, and I’m hoping to buy a new camera for the adventure, and so the money will come in handy for sure.

6. I'm thankful for Diet Mountain Dew. I know Miss-Already-Far-Too-Wired-for-Her-Own-Good probably doesn't need to have caffeine, but I had a Diet Dew with my granola bar for breakfast this morning, and WOW! am I ever happy! That's some good stuff! I can't make a habit of it, but it sure got me going this morning.

7. I’m thankful for today--for this moment and that moment and the moment before that. None of us know how much time we have been given. There is a lot of unknown things about life, lots of uncertainties and doubts, but this much we can know for certain – GOD is WHO HE says HE is.
And the Word was
And the Word is
And the Word will be
…*

May GOD reveal to each of us the blessings and bounty in our lives this week!

*Taken from Sara Groves’ album Conversations (1999), song entitled The Word [Thanks, Bethany, for first introducing me to the musical stylings of Sara Groves!]

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I have been asked my an anonymous source for a retraction of the following statement on this particular blog posting...

"YOU KNOW WHO was laughing the entire time."

YOU KNOW WHO (the party of the 2nd part) has contacted me and asked me to state that they were NOT laughing the entire time at the above stated spider incident. Perhaps, I was slightly hasty in accusing this individual of said laughter; however, I am still not sure that I need to completely retract the statement in it's entirety. I believe that YOU KNOW WHO was laughing on the inside the entire time...those are the facts as the author recalls them!