Friday, September 12, 2008

To Post or Not to Post

Yesterday, I waffled back and forth on whether or not to post my last blog, but then I realized that my hesitation was just feeding the issue I have with this topic NOT being discussed among Christians. I find that it's almost a taboo topic in some Christian circles. So by NOT saying something and sharing what GOD was teaching me, I felt that I was being yet another Christian who wouldn't talk about sexual purity openly. And thus, I decided to post and not mask the ongoing struggle.

My friend Kaleb blogged about this topic in recent weeks, and I liked the direct way he phrased it, and so I'm going to quote him below. [Kaleb, I hope you don't mind.]
It’s time to bring the sexual appetites, insecurities, infidelities, improprieties, and deviancies into the light of Christ Jesus. He is the only one who offers true sexual wholeness, without which all of our dating and marriage experiences will be frustrated and mysteriously elude us...
I understand that this topic is for mature audiences only, but I don't think the Church should be silent on it either, especially in light of the generations behind us.
Romans 12:1 I APPEAL to you therefore, brethren, and beg of you in view of [all] the mercies of God, to make a decisive dedication of your bodies [presenting all your members and faculties] as a living sacrifice, holy (devoted, consecrated) and well pleasing to God, which is your reasonable (rational, intelligent) service and spiritual worship. [The Amplified Bible]

I Corinthians 6:15-20 Do you not see and know that your bodies are members (bodily parts) of Christ (the Messiah)? Am I therefore to take the parts of Christ and make [them] parts of a prostitute? Never! Never! Or do you not know and realize that when a man joins himself to a prostitute, he becomes one body with her? The two, it is written, shall become one flesh. But the person who is united to the Lord becomes one spirit with Him. Shun immorality and all sexual looseness [flee from impurity in thought, word, or deed]. Any other sin which a man commits is one outside the body, but he who commits sexual immorality sins against his own body. Do you not know that your body is the temple (the very sanctuary) of the Holy Spirit Who lives within you, Whom you have received [as a Gift] from God? You are not your own, you were bought with a price [purchased with a preciousness and paid for, [made His own]. So then, honor God and bring glory to Him in your body. [The Amplified Bible]

No comments: