Monday, September 15, 2008

UPDATE: **Monday Morning Madness

I woke up to very little water pressure in my apartment. Not fun! Some of you may recall, I had 8 days last year without any hot water, and so I get a bit on edge with water problems. I still shiver when I think about those cold showers. Hee hee!

Today, I think that a water main broke or something. At least that is my unofficial diagnosis from my drive-by perusal of the situation. There was lots of running water outside on one side of the complex, and there were guys working underground when I left before 7 this morning, and so hopefully, I'll have better water pressure tonight. [Fingers crossed!]

So I'm continuing to count my blessings:
1. I had enough water to get ready with a bath this morning. A bit out of the ordinary, but I'm clean.

2. My hair is just fine in a pony tail for one day. And hey, I think I'm starting to look older than 14 in a pony tail. I think I could pass for 18 now. WOOHOO!!

3. I did laundry yesterday and ran the dishwasher on Saturday night.

4. If the mayhem continues, I can always take showers and get ready at the fitness center here at work. That could be interesting, but it could work.

5. I don't have to pay for a plumber or maintenance on the pipes if something is wrong. Now, that is really a cool perk of apartment life.
See, things are looking up already! I hope everyone has an incredibly wonderful Monday! Enjoy your day.

**UPDATE: WOOHOO!! I am pleased to report that I had lots of water pressure when I got home.

1 comment:

Skipper Lou said...

We had the same thing happen at our complex in July...they had it fixed within 12 hours! I was happy for that : ) Glad they are resolving it for you and I hope you Monday is good...mine is looking a little crazy so far as well haha