Tuesday, September 2, 2008

It Was a Good Weekend Part I

FRIDAY
Kristen and I caught up over dinner at the Olive Garden. Yes, Diet Girl was glad to find that there were some dishes at OG that wouldn't break the diet. It was yummy, and I survived without eating the breadsticks. [sigh!] After dinner, we went through the Egyptian exhibit at the IMA. I really have enjoyed this exhibit, and it was fun introducing it to Kristen. The To Live Forever exhibit is only here in town for another week, and so if you haven't visited yet, you had better hurry in. Tickets are... OOPS! I just went into my volunteer spiel. HA!

We also visited the Star Studio to see the new chair exhibit and made our own paper chair crafts. Yes, this area is typically filled with creative children, and there were a few working alongside us, but Kristen and I had fun decorating our own chairs and laughing at ourselves. It was fun being a kid again for a few minutes.

Yes, there is just something relaxing and calming about the IMA for me. I don't tire of it. Maybe I should rethink the docent thing...

SATURDAY
Becky came over for lunch, and then we watched the first 4 hours of Anne of Green Gables. It's been a few years since I've watched it all the way through, and it brought back memories and made me chuckle. Becky and I took turns reciting lines. Lisa and Barbara: you will be glad to know that I did point out a few of the places I had visited on Prince Edward Island just to keep up the tradition. You know what I'm talking about... "Becky, my family was on that beach, and I have a picture of those red cliffs. And hey, my Mom and I picked lupin in that woods right there."

Both of us decided we couldn't sit through the remaining 4 hours of the 2nd part on the same day, and so we opted to have dinner and then go for a walk along the canal. It was a busy evening downtown due to the upcoming sky concert, but it was still nice to get out, walk and enjoy another fine summer day.

No comments: