Sunday, September 14, 2008

Seeing Lives Merged

I love weddings. There is just something special about them...Eric & Jane's wedding and reception was fabulous. Jane was elegantly glamorous in her 2 wedding gowns (1 for the wedding and 1 for the reception). Eric was glowing and couldn't take his eyes off his bride. It was a long but beautiful day, and the forecasted rain held back. GOD is good.

I got to spend the day with friends old and new. Jenn, Adam, Patty and I rushed to the reception at Rick's to finish decorating for the reception. We were hanging paper lanterns, lighting candles, wrapping twinkle lights around the deck railing, sprinkling sea shells around, setting up the gift and guestbook tables, etc. Ro told me the other day that she thinks I was meant to be a wedding planner. Hmmmmm...I'm all about the details and organization, but I don't think I'm quite ready to switch career paths. Working with attorneys and inventors in stressful enough for me, thank-you-very-much. HA! I sat with Jessica & George who had driven in from New Jersey for the wedding and had fun with their boys Winston and Russell.

I caught up with Maurice & Sally and learned about all the mayhem that Maurice & Co. and Sally & "her girls" have gotten into (AHEM!). I don't see enough of you guys. We need to do dinner soon. I met Lisa and Wendy who had flown in from Texas to be with Jane on her day.

I got to reconnect with Phil, Steve and Jeff, 3 of my old cohorts from Teknon Theou days. I miss these guys. We reminisced and talked about the people we still were in touch with...who was where, who was married, what happened to so and so, etc. I also met some of Jane's family from Taiwan as I went from table to table taking guest photos. Some of them couldn't speak English, but somehow they knew what I wanted and posed for shots anyway. Very cute!

It was awesome to catch up with Dave & GayeLynne and their 2 girls, Jenna and Penny. I didn't even know they had a 2nd daughter, and she (Penny) is 16 months old already. WOW! How quickly time flies!


GOD and I took a walk and enjoyed the sunset over Eagle Creek together. Moments like this, I long to share with someone else. I really do. But the sunset was still beautiful, and somehow GOD kept those feelings at bay, and I was able to enjoy the lovely moment and be refreshed before wandering back into the sea of people at the reception.

Yes, I know that GOD will continue to provide for my needs and surprise me with HIS love. Thank you for such beauty, LORD!

1 comment:

Maurice Broaddus said...

you've got to come join us on a wednesday night. a bunch of us get together to just hang out and goof off.