Saturday, October 25, 2008

Are You Pondering What I Am Pondering?

Lots of pondering going on in my head right now...

1. How did I manage to get sunburned in 60-degree weather? I'm still a bit red from my weekend in Missouri. Now, I know I'm a fair-headed child, but really now, should a person get a sunburn in October? Seriously! It seems odd. It's not severe. There won't be any nasty skin peeling or anything like that, but I actually got a slight sunburn along with a few more freckles. Hmmmmm...I don't get it. Maybe I should have worn a hat, but then again, have you seen me in a hat before? It's not a pretty sight. Hats are just all wrong for me.

2. How did the loss of 4 pounds over the last couple of weeks suddenly cause my new jeans to be so big on me? It's just 4 pounds. Not 40...just 4 more. Now, I realize 4 pounds is 16 quarter pounders, but come on, my jeans almost fell off while I was walking around the Mizzou campus last weekend. I'm thinking of going shopping for a belt now, and I don't even like belts. But it does seem rather important for one to keep their jeans snuggly around their waist while in public. AHEM!

3. Am I a freak? That's a rhetorical question, people. No need to feel compelled to answer. I asked my doctor this question last week, and he declared with a laugh that I should think of myself more as unusual or unique rather than a freak. I think he might have just been being nice. He's a charmer like that.

OK, I never said I was pondering anything severely brilliant here...it's just odds and ends floating around in my head. HA!

No comments: