Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Diet Girl Celebrates 6 Months

Today is my 6-month anniversary on Weight Watchers, and I'm pleased to report that I am down 54.6 pounds. WOOHOO!! I celebrated last night by making Devil’s Food Cupcakes. How ironic is that! I’m celebrating a diet by making cupcakes. Sounds crazy, right?

Well, these are special cupcakes, and actually I was making them for a dinner party tonight. No, I’m not telling you the secret ingredient, so don’t try to weasel it out of me or beg or try to bribe me with donuts or ice cream. I’m taking this one to the grave with me. [HA! Just ask, and I’ll share.] Anyway, these cupcakes are 3 Weight Watchers points apiece and that includes the icing. And I must say, they are pretty tasty in all their chocolaty decadence, if I don’t say so myself. I naturally had to sample one last night along with a 1-point Dove miniature ice cream bar, which is another favorite thing. So I had cake and ice cream at my private celebration. It was a beautiful thing!

Together, my sister and I have lost 96 pounds since April 1st. Now, that’s exciting! That’s more than an Olympic gymnast. She and I are going consignment and secondhand store shopping again next weekend with my friend Lisa. I can’t wait. Diet Girl really needs to buy clothes for colder weather. Yes, fall is definitely coming. I’ve enjoyed the delicious chill in the air the last couple of days, although not perhaps as much as my sister. She swears she can smell apple cider when she steps outside this week! Hmmmmm??

Stay tuned for further Diet Girl updates. Thank you to one and all for your encouragement, for your questions and concerns, for your diet tips and tricks and for your ongoing inspiration. The work is not done, but I’m on my way and thankful for the results thus far. Thank you, LORD!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Here's a WOOHOO for both of you on the weight loss. Can't wait to see you two next weekend! A day of shopping is a day well spent. :-)

Skipper Lou said...

Im sooooo excited for the both of you! I dont think I smell apple cider but I do smell leaves...you know when we jumped in the leaf piles as a kid...that smell is in the air : )