Monday, October 13, 2008

Girls Weekend Number 1

My first of 3 girls-only-weekends in a row went blissfully well. My friend Lisa came from Cincinnati for a visit, and my sister Barbara came from Kokomo for the weekend, too. We had dinner together with Barbara's whole family in Carmel on Friday night, and then the girls went off on their own for the rest of the weekend. We hit our first Goodwill store Friday evening.

On Saturday, we got a bit of a late start, but we still managed to get lots of consignment and secondhand shopping done during the day. I think Lisa and Barbara especially purchased some cool finds. I did get a couple of things, but secondhand shopping is a hit or miss thing sometimes. I don't always find lots for myself, but I enjoy getting out anyway. It was a fun day, and hey, we got some WW exercise points for all that walking we did! HA!

Lisa had to head home on Saturday evening, but Barbara was able to stay another night and go to church with me on Sunday morning. We caught up with some friends for a few minutes after church and then headed out to Ted's Montana Grill for some lunch, before heading up to Peru for a friend's baby shower.

Jean's shower was a lot of fun! I am always nervous about shower games. How am I going to have to make a fool of myself this time? But these shower games were really fun, and I enjoyed myself. It was also great to see Jean again and reconnect with some other friends, too!

After the shower, my brother-in-law and I headed to the Best Buy in Kokomo to look at digital cameras. I did buy a new camera (see my last post) after all. Then I had dinner with my sister and her family and then headed back home to Indy. Yeah, it was a fabulous weekend.

Thank you, LORD! I needed that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks again for hosting our girls' weekend! It was a great time. And I always enjoy visiting your church...and WOW, I have a new fave place in Ted's Montana Grill. I MUST take Jonathan there! Love you sis!

Skipper Lou said...

I am so glad you had a relaxing weekend! Mine was too : ) we got to see lots and family and friends and the shower was wonderful! I feel so blessed. I was so happy to see you : ) glad you had fun