Monday, October 13, 2008

Strike a Pose

I have a new weapon of choice. I bought a new digital camera yesterday! Can I get a big WOOHOO please?? Thanks! I've been researching cameras for a couple of months now. I needed to upgrade before my trip to England next May, but I wasn't sure how far to go. I nearly went with a DSLR [Nikon D40], but then I decided I wasn't quite ready to take that plunge. Call me chicken, but I'm just not ready for that yet.

Instead, I went with a new Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-H50, which was still a hard choice to make. I had several digital favorites to choose from. I particularly love Nikon cameras, but the one Nikon I had my eye on got some seriously harsh reviews, and I was torn what to do! No camera is perfect, but the fact that the camera is rated as sluggish doesn't sound like a good thing. So since, I have been using an older Sony Cyber-Shot model for a couple of years, and I've been rather happy with it, I chose to do a SERIOUS Sony model upgrade, and I think it was the right choice for me.

I'm sitting here at work just dying to go home and take that camera out for a spin! I need to visit the IMA gardens this week and experiment with shots and lighting. I can't wait to play with the 15x optical zoom. I'm giddy with excitement actually. It doesn't take much for me to get all excited. After all, I'm such a kid at heart, and photography winds me up on most days anyways, but I'm overly excited today!

So...consider yourself warned!! I'll probably have my camera with me next time we meet. I'll probably smile sweetly and say as charmingly as I can muster: "Can I take your picture? Pretty please??" Hee hee!! Come on. You know you don't really mind. Just strike a pose already.

No comments: