Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Weekends Reshuffled!

My third-in-a-row Girls-Only Weekend got canceled for this coming weekend, and so I will be staying in-town. I'm sad that we had to reschedule and miss the pumpkin festival this year [sigh!], but in a way, I'm glad to have a weekend at home, too. I don't know what trouble I'll get into yet, but it is bound to happen.

I definitely feel refreshed and good about my time away. Sure, I came back to a couple of new piles on my desk, more new projects with my name written all over them, a new attorney assigned to my desk (YIKES! that makes 4 for those of you keeping track), BUT, it's all good. Because I just came off an awesome 4-day trip to Missouri. I got to spend lots of time with Becky, one of my favorite people in the world. I got to sight-see in St. Louis, was introduced to more Mizzou alumni, learned a bit more about the Ozarks, rediscovered my love for hills and dips, found out about the tons of colleges in Rolla, fell in love with the Jefferson City Capitol building, etc.

So right about now, I'm still rather high from my travel adventure, which makes my first day back in the office a good day in my book...

Thank you, LORD!

No comments: