Saturday, August 9, 2008

I'm Sorry to Report...

But I had my third incident with the crickets this afternoon.

Let me set the scene for you. I was innocently pacing the floor in my apartment, chatting on my cell with my sister while trying to cool down after my overly-ambitious bike ride...I came back with a face the shade of a nice ripe red tomato. AHEM! I might have just overdone it a wee bit. Just a smidgen perhaps...

Anyway, it was at that moment that I spotted one of the alien residents hopping around in the dining room. Let me point out that this is day 13 after they sprayed my apartment inside and out. And yet, this was another healthy male who seemed quite happy and in his prime. I groaned, gave my sister the scoop and got off the phone to deal with yet another intruder. The broom method is still the best weapon in my ongoing cricket combat.

Now I know this is only the third cricket of the season in comparison to last year's bout of 49, but still I wonder...where are these crickets hiding, and more to the issue why are they coming in and HOW? I want to always play the hospitable hostess, but I'd really rather have more of a choice regarding the guest list.

No comments: