Thursday, August 14, 2008

Random Updates

For some reason, I am still wide awake after 3 AM. Not sure why, but I'm just going with it, and so I'm blogging...randomly.

1. No crickets sighted since the latest run-in on Saturday. WOOHOO!!

2. For those concerned about the possible haunted family heirloom now residing with me, I am pleased to report that there have been no incidents of suspicious activity surrounding the rocking chair.

3. My nephew Jacob had his first day of full-day kindergarten in Kokomo on Wednesday. He is my sister's oldest and a major source of amusement to his Aunt Mel. I just love the way he thinks. I can't wait to have him tell me all about his school days in between Wii games, of course. I need to challenge him to another skate-off. He got me hooked on this skateboarder game. I can't figure out all the tricks, but it's really wild. I love it.

4a. In 9 months, I should be in England. I'm quite excited at the prospect even though one of the attorneys I work with is still threatening to prevent my overseas travel by confiscating my passport, having me put on some list (he has a friend in National Security), or some other type of mayhem. He is still convinced that I am going to England to find a job. Maybe I should take my resume along. You never know... Just kidding, I think.

4b. Anyway, back to England, I am meeting up with Becky and Jessica this weekend to finalize more of our itinerary. It's fun planning things out, but I think it's time to start eliminating things to see. We're only going to be there for 12 or 13 days, and I think our list of 60 things is still a trifle ambitious...

5. I'm still enjoying the Olympics. I'm trying NOT to watch too much since it just gets me worked up and excited. Hmmmm...perhaps there is a direct correlation to my Olympics viewing back to my sleeplessness. It's one theory.

Happy Thursday, All!

No comments: