Thursday, August 21, 2008

Phone Conversations with My Sister

I'm not always a big phone talker. I'm better in person or chatting online, but there are exceptions to this rule.

1. I talk on the phone with a few friends regularly, almost every week.

2. I call my parents in Michigan quite often. (I love having lots of cell minutes!)

3. I talk with my sister (again love the cell minutes). Barbara lives an hour away, and so we frequently catch up on the phone. Now, Barbara works from home and is a mother to 3: Jacob is almost 6, Grace is almost 3, and baby Harrison is 6 months. My sister is hugely gifted at multi-tasking. And so you can just imagine how entertaining our phone conversations really are. Here's a sample:

Me: So what would you do?

Barbara: I'm not sure. Maybe you should--JACOB! That was extremely rude. Be nice to your sister. I don't know, Sis. I guess, I would just wait and see--Grace, what is that in your hands? Go put it back please. Jacob, help your sister please.

Me: I know, it's just easier said than done. [I can hear crying in the background.] Ommmm, do I need to let you go?

Barbara: No. It's fine. Grace, why are you crying? You don't know why you are crying? (trying not to laugh) Well, let me know when you figure it out, OK?

Me: Sounds like a fun day there in Kokomo.

Barbara: You have no idea. So how did that meeting go?

Me: It went all right. A bit long, but I think we got it all worked out. [I hear a loud crash in the background.] OK, now I think I need to let you go.

Barbara: Yeah. Gotta run. Talk to you later...
Never a dull moment, that's for sure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hehe I love it