Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Today Started Off a Bit Rough...

I’m not feeling 100%. Just a bit under the weather, I guess. I found myself pulled into an office politics debate first thing this morning. I don't like that. And then I got a splinter in my finger during my 9 AM meeting, and I had to do minor surgery at my desk afterwards. OK, seeing that typed out in black and white makes me laugh at myself...sounds rather sad and pitiful, doesn’t it? It’s amazing that I survived it all, but I did. HA!

Anyway, my day just got a whole lot better when I realized that...
1. Diet Girl is officially down 45 pounds from April 1st when my sister and I started on this get-healthy journey. My sister has lost 33 pounds, and so together we have lost...well, we have lost a female Olympic gymnast. That sounds crazy, but I’m just trying to help you visualize what we have accomplished so far. Thanks, Sis!

Philippians 4:13: "I [we] can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me [us].“ Sis, don’t you just love how those verses we memorized as kids now always have to be quoted in the KJV? It just rolls off the tongue better or something.

2. I’m only 5 pounds away from my first big goal that gives me self-appointed permission to purchase a bicycle of my own. WOOHOO!! That just makes me smile. I’m on my way now. I went for another LONG bike ride last night and lived to tell about it, i.e. very little gravel or stones, but I did just narrowly miss getting hit by an SUV in Becky's complex. YIKES! OK, Becky, I get it. I'll go bicycle helmet shopping soon.

3. I’m having dinner with Kristen at PF Chang’s tonight, which I love. I just discovered their chicken lettuce wraps a few months ago, and I am seriously craving them today. YUM!

4. In 9 short months, I will be in England walking through Hampton Court Palace and rambling through the gardens or getting lost in the hedge maze, or I'll be found meandering through Chatsworth and enjoying the picturesque Peak District. [Sigh!] I just can't wait.

5. GOD is so good and patient with me. I seem to be learning the same hard lesson over and over again lately. I know HE must get frustrated with this willful child, but I'm glad HE hasn't given up on me. FATHER, thank you!

No comments: