Saturday, August 23, 2008

What Does NOT Belong In This Picture?

I've had several guests over lately, and they all have wondered the same thing. Ommmm, Mel, what is with the bright child's vanity in your living room?

No, I have not decided to redo all my decor in a bright Disney theme. The child's vanity was a Goodwill find that my sister and I discovered for Barbara's daughter Grace, who will be 3 in less than a month. Barbara didn't know where to keep this rather large gift hidden from her ever-curious-one for the few weeks prior to Grace's birthday. So I brought it home to my place to clean and sanitize and to help keep it a secret. It is very cute, and I can't wait to play along with Grace once she gets it. But for now it sits as a conversation piece in part of my living room and reminds me of that mischievous curly-haired cherub in Kokomo. She is going to love it.

No comments: