Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Learning From a Fortune Cookie

I don’t usually get much inspiration from fortune cookies. In fact, the opposite is true. I either laugh it off or get ticked that I haven’t actually received a fortune but rather a statement or proverb.

Last night at PF Chang’s, Kristen’s fortune was pretty profound:
“Don’t pursue happiness, create it.”
I really like this. Yes, I know, it’s not a fortune, but I liked that statement nonetheless. I should be creating happiness around me today instead of pursuing it elsewhere. No matter what is going on in my life or in the world around me, I have THE SOURCE of true joy dwelling in me, and I need to share it.

Psalm 68:3 "But may the righteous be glad and rejoice before God; may they be happy and joyful."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love pf changs! what did you eat?

Melanie said...

The chicken lettuce wraps were wonderful! YUMMY!

Skipper Lou said...

I love thier lettuce wraps! I only have ever had the veggie kind tho...I believe it has tofu in it and is actually really good : )