Monday, June 23, 2008

Church-Hunting Update

Sunday morning, I visited my co-worker Barb’s church, St. Luke’s United Methodist Church. It was a great worship service, and it was cool to see Barb and her husband Lee in the choir.

Amazing how I grew up in an ultra-fundamentalist Baptist church, went to college at an ultra-fundamentalist Christian university, attended a Grace Brethren Church for a few years, and then moved to Indy and went to a former Baptist church for 5 years...and yet somehow, I don’t have a clue where I belong in the body of Christ! Am I Baptist? Am I Grace Brethren? Am I Methodist? I don’t know what I am, but somehow, I don’t think I need a label to tell me where I should be. I think if I just continue seeking HIM on my journey that GOD will direct my steps and lead me where HE wants me to be. I'm hopeful...

No comments: