Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Diet Girl to Visit North Carolina

NEWSFLASH: It looks like I will be going to North Carolina for a week in July to help my brother and family get my niece Janet moved into her first apartment. WOOHOO!! Janet is ecstatic, and so am I.

I love the Carolinas. Minus the humidity and heat in the dead of summer, it is beautiful country! North Carolina has the gorgeous Blue Ridge Parkway mountains, the ocean and the Outer Banks, Asheville with my future home (the Biltmore Estate – I am scheming a way to marry into the family as we speak), and soon NC will be home to my 18-year-old niece ready to embark on her next greatest adventure at the Nascar Institute. I am so proud of her!

Now that the schedule is being planned and I am learning where all we are going and what we will be doing, Diet Girl is contemplating how to vacation and NOT lose control of her diet. I know, for the record, Weight Watchers claims that they are NOT a diet but a way of life. The emphasis of WW is changing your eating habits rather than starving yourself or doing without. So maybe I should say that Diet Girl is now contemplating how to vacation and NOT lose control of her lifestyle. AHEM!

Anyway, it is going to take a super conscious effort to stay on track. I pretty much know what I can eat now and what foods I should avoid, but I'm going to have to be extra careful when eating fast food and eating outside my normal schedule. I am confident it can be done. I've got to stay on the path, you know.

I'm hopeful that we will get to make a stop at Biltmore while we are in the area. I miss the house, the gardens and grounds, the gift shop, etc. [sigh!] It's a favorite place of mine. We also might make a trip to see my Uncle Doug on the other side of the state. He has promised to take us to the Atlantic Ocean if we drop by, and that would be awesome. WOOHOO!! I'm looking forward to this get-away. I know that there will be work involved. I am going along because I offered to help Janet unpack and get her apartment put together. I love doing that. It's just fun putting stuff away in a new place...I'm weird, I know.

No comments: