Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Just For the Record...

I’m such a dork sometimes. Last night, I made some changes to my facebook profile. I decided not to list my marital status anymore. I don’t know...I felt like my profile was too wordy, and so I was cutting things back. Well, then later, I started to rethink it again. Come on, it is what it is! I am single, why pretend that it isn’t a part of who I am? You can't cut it out. AHEM! So, I decided to put my SINGLE status back up on my page again. Sometimes, I think too much.

Well, this caused a broken heart alert to some of my observant friends. They saw me being listed as single again and were concerned for my well being. They didn’t know that I had just taken off the single status 2 hours before and was just reinstating the status quo. So now, I’m laughing at myself. Lesson learned! What a goober I am sometimes!

I could make up some incredible epic story about how for 2 hours there I thought that George Clooney was going to come through for me after his recent breakup, but alas, that did not happen, nor is it likely to. My life isn’t all that exciting. George hasn’t returned my phone calls, and the restraining order is still in effect, as far as I know. HA! You guys know, I’m kidding, right?

So...for the record, I am still single and broken-heart-free. This was just a false alarm. In the event of a true heart emergency, I would appreciate your continued support and friendship; however, no immediate danger or threat is suspected at this time. For now until further notice, I am still taking all candidate referrals, letters of recommendation, personal matchmaking consultations, etc. into consideration for a future breakup (just kidding!) or potential mate. Yeah, let's stick to the latter, thank-you-very-much! HA!

Thanks, John, for being such a caring and concerned friend! Sorry for the confusion! I am doing just peachy, honest.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I'll talk to George about lifting that restraining order. George and I go waaay back. :-)

Melanie said...

Thanks, Lisa! I'd appreciate that. George doesn't know what he is missing...hee hee!